Sunday, May 16, 2010

Road Trip 2010





As I prepare for doing the shows in the Midwest this year I think about all the things you need to do to get ready. The one thing I don't have to worry about is coffee. The Seattle coffee explosion of the eighties has even reached now to places like Montana and the Dakotas. There is a Starbucks every 100 to 150 miles along I90 so you can always plan on a clean bathroom, wi-fi and a cup of coffee. Late night driving is a little more problematic. Truck stop bathrooms are always an iffy affair and the coffee? Oh my.
Wisconsin however is a great destination. As long as you know where to look the food is good and the people are friendly. I'm looking forward to this summer and the crazy long distance driving we'll have to do. Look for on the road blogs this summer. I plan on reading a lot, eating a lot, and trying some of those Wisconsin micro brews (Milwaukee has some great beer.)
Reading for the trip;
Walden, The Forgers Spell, John Keats Poetry, Shades of Grey
This summer I'll get to do the reading I put off during the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment